Be wary of vendor claims that their products or services are eligible for redemption. Schools and districts are responsible for verifying with the Settlement Claims Administrator that the product or service is eligible for redemption prior to making a purchase. The New York State Education Department and Settlement Claims Administrator DO NOT accept vendor inquiries. Vendors may ask a school or a district to contact us by phone at (866) 303-7288 from 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Eastern time, or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Eligible products or services must be purchased and then submitted with your voucher to be redeemed for cash. Based on the Terms of the Settlement Agreement, there are two voucher categories that can be used to purchase specific products and services. With their General Purpose Vouchers, eligible schools may purchase specific hardware (listed below), any non-custom software for that hardware, evaluation tools, information technology (IT) support services, and professional development (PD) services. Specific Category Software Vouchers may only be utilized to purchase specific categories of software (listed below) that are published or sold by any software provider.
New York State (excluding NYC) – List/Inquiries
Product Eligibility List
For information as to what products or services may be purchased with General Purpose and Specific Category Software vouchers, click here.
Product Eligibility Inquiries
If you wish to inquire about the eligibility of products or services, submit an email inquiry to email@example.com. In your email, include the following information:
- Your name, title and telephone number.
- School number and school name.
- The specific name of the product or service.
- For hardware products, identify the manufacturer.
- For software products, identify the publisher and state whether it is for use on a laptop, desktop, server, or is web-based.
- For IT support services, include the name of the provider and the name of the products that will be installed or maintained. Note: General Purpose Vouchers may be used for payment of IT services that primarily install or maintain hardware procured through this settlement and the installation and maintenance of software procured through this settlement.
- For professional development (PD) services, include the name of the provider, name of the PD event, summary of the content, name of the products procured through this Settlement that are the focus of the PD (if applicable), and if products will be provided to participants as part of the PD include the product name and manufacturer. ·
- Also include the reason for any ambiguity about the eligibility of the products or services submitted for reimbursement.
An email response, including a confirmation number, will be sent to you within seven to ten business days.
Please be sure to set any email filter you may be using to allow incoming e-mail from firstname.lastname@example.org.
Confirmation numbers are not required for redemption of vouchers. They are provided solely for the convenience of the school districts.
New York City – List/Inquiries
Product Eligibility List
The New York City Department of Education Employee Intranet website shows a list of approved eligible general and specific voucher items.
Please click here to see the list.
Product Eligibility Inquiries
For any questions regarding NYS-STVP funds or the list of eligible products, New York City schools and vendors should email email@example.com.
Eligible Purchase Dates
The products and services must be purchased between September 1, 2012 and February 1, 2015.
*****Software subscriptions and licenses will only be reimbursed up to the end date of the New York State-School Technology Voucher Program, which is February 1, 2015. Any software subscriptions and licenses that extend beyond that date will be prorated.
The software products below are eligible for reimbursement with Specific Category Software Vouchers even if the software price is not itemized on the invoice because it was preinstalled as part of a new computer purchase. When submitting for reimbursement of these products, note on the invoice which of the software products were preinstalled. The Settlement Claims Administrator will reimburse for these preinstalled software titles on the Specific Category Software Voucher using the approved standard prices below.
- Microsoft Windows $59
- Mac OS $69
- Microsoft Office Standard* $50
- Microsoft Office Pro* $62
- Microsoft Office Enterprise* $79
- Microsoft Office for Mac* $50
- Microsoft Office Pro for Mac* $62
- iLife $39
*Microsoft Office must be listed on the vendor invoice in order for reimbursement to occur. However, Microsoft Windows, Mac OS or iLife can be reimbursed without being listed on the invoice.
To redeem the preinstalled software using the Specific Category Software Voucher, the software must be listed in the purchase plan section of the school's application and subsequently approved.
Example: An eligible school purchases a new computer for $800 including a Windows operating system that is not itemized on the invoice with a price. The school may redeem $800 from the General Purpose Voucher, or they may redeem the standard price for Windows of $59 on the Software Voucher and the remaining $741 on the General Purpose Voucher.
To see the further Product Guidelines for use with the NYS School Technology Voucher Program, click here.